[Tfug] The NET

Bowie J. Poag bpoag at comcast.net
Tue Oct 3 07:57:49 MST 2006

At the end of the day, we as a nation have more ways of taking the
government down than the government has ways of taking us down. The
Constitution provides for it, and does so even during times when we have
a President who blatantly disregards it, and most of congress doesn't
hold him or her accountable.

Until that balance shifts to the other side, i'm not particularly
concerned. Even with all the Big Brotherish stuff thats been happening
in recent years, I don't think i'll see it in my lifetime. All it takes
is a sufficiently pissed off torch-weilding mob to shift it back, and in
a country of 300 million, you're not going to be short-handed in that
regard. Any such 22nd+ century angry mob would easily outnumber
Government officials, same as colonists easilly outnumbered British tax
collectors.

Cheers,
Bowie