[Tfug] Debian Etch Problem

Paul Scott waterhorse at ultrasw.com
Tue Nov 28 00:28:07 MST 2006

Earl wrote:

> -- Michael Schultheiss <schultmc at cinlug.org> wrote:
> erich wrote:
>
>>> I'm wondering if there is a Debian world counterpart where the range has
>>>
>>> been set too narrowly.
>>>
>> It sounds like the DSL modem is serving as the DHCP server and is
>>
> limited to 7 clients.
>
> The DSL modem is the DHCP server. Rather than contact Qwest tech
> support, I decided to do it the easy way. Reconfiguring the Debian
> will probably be easier on my nervous system. This time I plan on a
> static IP address.

The Actiontec box can easily be configured by pointing your browser to
the gateway address (probably 192.168.0.1)

http://192.168.0.1

On my model (R1520SU) I can enable or disable DHCP.  When I enable DHCP
the default set of IP addresses is all possible (192.168.0.2 -
192.168.0.254) which I can change.  When DHCP is disabled I am not given
any control over the IP addresses and I have only used up to 192.168.0.7
so far.

Paul Scott