[Tfug] 90mm fan

erich erich1 at copper.net
Sun Nov 26 22:29:33 MST 2006

    I have a Compaq power supply that's giving out or, more precisely,
its fan
is making noises that suggest its days are numbered. Unfortunately this
fan is 90mm,
and I had to go out on the internet to get one.
     This PS has ACPI with thermal sensing that causes the fans to "rev
up" when the computer
it powers is "hot on a job". Is there something I missed in the
specification of the replacement
fan? I'm wondering if all fans run at variable speed or do you need
special ones  that
"rev up" when the power demand rises.

                                                     Erich