[Tfug] non-kde gui samba/UNC file browser

Bry Melvin brymelvin at melvinart.com
Wed Nov 15 10:12:52 MST 2006

> Subject: Re: [Tfug] non-kde gui samba/UNC file
> browser

=== message truncated ===
How fancy a browser do you need? I usually just use
firefox. The browser then shows sirectory tree with
the usual open/save dialog on selecting.

I have Kubuntu, and Konqueror, but I can also access
Samba shares from Firefox simply by using
smb://servername.

I didn't do anything special to set it up to do that.
is that not available in all distros? Or is that
feature unique to KDE features so the Konqueror
browser will work?

Bryann

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre