[Tfug] Aptitude Question

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 13:01:53 MST 2006

Dumb apt question:  How can I see all the local packages I have installed?

I know 'aptitude show <pkgname> -v' wll show the installed/not
installed state for a single package, but I want to see all the
instlled packages in one list.  I have read the man page for aptitude,
and it seems that show/search with a wildcard might do this, but I
can't figure out how.

I also know the GUI will show you if a package is installed or not,
but I want a single command line to spit out the list to stdout.

Thanks,
Chad