[Tfug] Debian Etch Problem

Michael Schultheiss schultmc at cinlug.org
Wed Nov 8 18:53:10 MST 2006

erich wrote:
> The answer is yes, but it's not easy.
>      That's why I blew away Debian and am now running 100% with
> Gentoo. Engineering Gentoo is trickey. Let there be no misgivings.
> As I have become more experienced at it, my job has become easier.
>      The important thing to realize here is documentation. Documentation
> for Debian is almost non-existant compared to Gentoo.

Documentation for Debian is available numerous places
(www.debian.org/doc, www.debian-administration.org).  You can also ask
questions on lists like these - people were attempting to help you and
you apparently got frustrated and switched distributions in the middle
of troubleshooting.  I don't recall you mentioning Debian before this
message but if you had done so, I or any of the numerous other Debian
users on this list could have better assisted you.