[Tfug] Language wars ( was Language choices )

Robert Hunter hunter at tfug.org
Sat Nov 4 18:14:48 MST 2006

Hi, Tim.

> Comp = list comprehension, a Python thing that's been very popular.
>    mylist = [ item for item in yourList if item.age > 30 ]

Ah, yes. I learned about list comprehensions in Haskell. I didn't realize
they were in Python as well.

>> don't forget about Scheme and Perl ;-)
>
> Right.  You should throw a few examples my way.  I would like to see the
> Scheme.

Here is a combination generator I wrote in Scheme as a mental exercise
( i.e., it is not efficient, and chokes on large lists ).

http://vorpal-box.blogspot.com/2006/11/combinations-in-scheme.html

--
Rob