[Tfug] bcm4306 wireless

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Sat May 27 02:41:22 MST 2006

Here's a quote from the Linux wireless maintainer at the beginning of
the year, who admits "I'm just the defacto guy, with no interest in
the job.":

"another banner year has passed, with Linux once again proving its
superiority in the area of crappy wireless (WiFi) support. Linux
oldsters love the current state of wireless, because it hearkens back
to the heady days of Yuri Gagarin, Sputnik and Linux kernel 0.99, when
getting hardware to work under Linux required either engineering
knowledge or luck (or both)."

http://kerneltrap.org/node/6053

Linux desktop has come a long way, but things like video and wireless
are still archaic, and have a long way to go...

-- Chad