[Tfug] A Sun Ultra/Debian Video Question

Earl J Violet earljviolet at juno.com
Sat May 20 21:48:10 MST 2006

I got Debian installed and running. I had some trouble with XFree86
configuration; didn't get it to work.

Well, anyway, now my monitor is dead. I tried it on 2 computers with no
luck. There could have been some conflict between the Creator 3D card and
the monitor that I missed. Apparently Sun has some interesting hardware
specs. Does anyone knows if a normal PCI card works in the PCI slots? I
have a spare monitor left but it's not a Sun. I have an old S3 video
board around. Wonder how this combination would work. Any ideas or should
I just give it up?

Earl

We have traded the wisdom of the ancestors for the superstition of
science.
Nirvana is this world itself, when experienced without desire and fear.