[Tfug] The Semiannual Colocation question

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Wed May 17 18:22:27 MST 2006

William Stott wrote:

> Brian Murphy wrote:
>
>>Who do you use?
>
> Myself
>
>>Do you like them?
>
> Not Really.
>
>>Do you get a good rate?
>
> Free is pretty good, but not for the service...
>
>>Anything to watch out for?
>
> Sleep deprivation, caffeine shortages, PEBKAC, and ID-10-T Errors...

LOL!

I too, run a small server on my DSL connection and find that the
technical staff is sometimes lacking!

But thanks to folks like Harry McGregor and Louis Taber at Pima College,
the tech support is improving.  ;-)

I think I've taken all the Linux classes Pima offers and am now
venturing into perl.

I used to rent a service for about $25 a month for my personal interest
web stuff but found that running your own server is a lot more fun and a
challenge.  Plus you learn skills that might even be marketable.

One of the managers at work is thinking of venturing out on his own and
asked me today if I know anything about Asterisk.  Just happen to use it
as my home phone system.  ;-)

George Cohn