[Tfug] CUPS not correctly printing the test page

Steven Bowers steveb7 at bblabs.net
Sat May 13 22:17:24 MST 2006

I recently installed CUPS 1.1.23 on OpenBSD 3.9. I've configured my
LJ4/Plus, its DirectJet card and can print the test page all from the
CUPS web interface.

However, the test page does not print correctly. My test page prints this:

%!PS-ADOBE-3.0
               %%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792
                                         %%Pages: 1
                                                   %%LanguageLevel: 1

I suspect it has something to do with either the PPD file or support
from another app. I've tried the "laserjet.ppd" file that was included
in the package along with "HP-LaserJet_4_Plus-hpijs.ppd",
"HP_LaserJet_4_plus.ppd" and "HP_LaserJer_4_Plus_ljet4.ppd". All four
produced the same result.

Any ideas?