[Tfug] iPod Replacement

johngalt johngalt1 at uswest.net
Wed May 3 21:36:46 MST 2006

To continue this non-linux thread:

From: "Jon" <bigj at tfug.org>
> johngalt1 said:
>
> > sarcasm is a lost art
>
> Let me know when you find it.

Heh, good one.
Thought my addy was on many of the old school tfuggers drop lists. Go figure.

From: "Bowie J. Poag" <bpoag at comcast.net>
> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4127962
-snip-
> You claim to have done some research, yet you bought one (iPod) anyway...... why?

Dang, that ilo looks like poopy. School children (and fellow tfuggers) will be ridiculed for getting a player that has great specs.
Would Snoop Dogg use an ilo? NO, he'd have a bad-buttocks iPod.

From: "Glen Pfeiffer" <glen_ap at yahoo.com>
> Thanks for the comparison, but your choice of language is offensive and
> violates the "Acceptable Use Policy" (http://www.tfug.org/aup.html).

Thanks Glen, for submitting the second or third most amusing post today. The best part was repeating the offending post but
censoring the naughty words.

http://www.tfug.org/pipermail/tfug_tfug.org/2006-May/011223.html

Could someone please censor the vulgar words in that naughty post's listserv archive entry? We don't want people to get the wrong
idea about those progressive tfuggers.

And lastly, as an example of apple's technical superiority, check out this offensive thread: http://tinyurl.com/festk
It shows an apple service manual instructing techs to apply an obscene amount of heat shrink compound. In addition, it shows results
of correcting the situation by doing things properly which voids your warranty.

If that wasn't controversial enough, look at apple's response:
http://tinyurl.com/hadw2
It's about two thirds of the way down. Search for "Confidential"