[Tfug] xubuntu logs me out automatically...

Brian Masur bcmasur at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 25 02:12:48 MST 2006

First thing that comes to my mind

I would recommend to stop using KDM/GDM to automatically log you in.
Install your linux system without *DM and log in manually, run startx
manually.  Modifying the ~/.xinitrc file has ALWAYS worked better for me
than using *DM...  Otherwise, xscreensaver should be compiled/configured for
your hardware, or it will be flakey.

Have fun trying to resolve your problem.  Don't give up.  Resolution is
reward.