[Tfug] yum problem

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Mon Jun 12 11:22:56 MST 2006

I use yum to keep my FC3 system updated.  I run rsync nightly to download
rpms from the FC legacy site, and I use yum to update from there.  To
shorten a long story, I inadvertently killed yum in mid-update, and now
things appear to be munged in some odd way.  If I run "yum check-update" it
tells me that there are packages to be updated (which there are).  When I
run "yum update" (I'm leaving out some options here) I get told that:

---? Package XYZ set to be updated

for all these various packages, some X11 dependencies are checked
(successfully), but nothing is updated.  I just ran this sequence
successfully on a second FC3 box, and it all worked just fine (as it has
been doing for almost two years).

I have (1) run "yum clean all" several times, (2) rebooted twice, (3)
cleaned out all of the packages in the original list and downloaded them
all again, (4) cursed mightily, and things remain munged.

Ideas?

Jim
| Jim Secan           | Northwest Research Assoc, Inc |
| (jim at nwra.com)      | 2455 E. Speedway, Suite 204   |
| (520) 319-7773      | Tucson, Arizona 85719         |
|    Space Weather Info: http://www.nwra-az.com/      |