[Tfug] OT: text messaging to T-Mobile

Steven Bowers steveb7 at bblabs.net
Mon Jun 5 15:02:18 MST 2006

I'm trying to configure my machine to email me when the UPS switches over to battery. I have it setup but it looks like a problem on T-Mobiles side. Their support people told me the message should go to 520xxxxxxx at tmomail.com however that's not working. When I checked to see if my system was resolving it correctly it came back with this:

Non-authoritative answer:
    tmomail.com	preference = 10, mail exchanger = localhost.fabulous.com

    tmomail.com	nameserver = ns1.fabulous.com
    tmomail.com	nameserver = ns2.fabulous.com
    localhost.fabulous.com	internet address = 127.0.0.1

I got the same response from codeflux.com and dnsstuff.com. If I query the fabulous.com nameserver directly tmomail.com does not resolve either.

Is anybody else here on the list sending messages to a T-Mobile phone and if so what address are you using?