[Tfug] where are my terminals?

Brian Masur bcmasur at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 31 11:13:47 MST 2006

I've been really disappointed with the lack of performance of the console
lately.  Things like not being able to switch reliably back and forth
between X and console, defaulting to 80x25, not retaining scrollback buffer
when switching between TTYs, limited scrollback buffer, etc. etc.  I love
the console, and the ability to switch between X and consoles on the few
configurations that support it well.  I also like 132x60 text mode, but it
seems like none of the newer video cards support it anymore.  I miss the
SVGATextMode utility.