[Tfug] XF86???

Bowie J. Poag bpoag at comcast.net
Thu Jul 27 10:09:31 MST 2006

Yup. You're fine -- As long as you have seen the X on the grey
background, you've succeeded in getting X installed. The rest is cake.

If you havent done so already, apt-get install xinitrc. If I remember
correctly, thats the package name in Debian. :) Either way, edit
~/.xinitrc and put whatever programs you want there..It's just a flat
file, basically a script, that tells X what to load when it
initializes... Fire up your favorite windowmanager, mozilla, or
whatever. If X starts up, and finds nothing to do, it will exit
immediately. Add a line in ~/.xinitrc that says "xterm" or something to
stop it from immediately committing suicide. :)

Cheers,
Bowie