[Tfug] Causing a remote linux box to make a sound on a local windows box

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 03:16:38 MST 2006

Hi,

I want to figure out the easiest way to trigger a remote linux server
to play a sound on a windows box.  This is for monitoring a Continuous
Integration (CI) build server (running CruiseControl).  The CI server
is on a dedicated host, and we want the local windows box in the
office to play a sound when a build fails.

I'm game for any technology/tools, and liberal interpretations of
"easy".  I would tend to define "easy" as the least code and least
stuff to install (on both ends).

Thanks in advance,
-- Chad