[Tfug] [ot] introduce myself

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 24 13:46:41 MST 2006

Hi Tim,

Even though you got an almost comical welcome … the list welcomes you.

A little back ground.  This list is unorganized and last I heard intends to stay that way.  No rules, no leadership. I’ve been on the list for 6 or 7 years.  Mostly lurking.

We have had a number of discussions about organizing.  Even had a meeting about 4 years ago.

There are some colorful people on this list.  Some may clump me into that group.  It can be entertaining.

Last I heard there was about 160 members on this list.  I’ll bet it’s 200 or more.

We are a family.  We joke, disagree… even fight.

But like any family if you need help, someone will give you a hand.

I have learned a lot from these guys and gals.  It has been entertaining, fun, and educational.

Welcome!

Keith

tmh at cfl.rr.com wrote: >Welcome.  What's your app written in, perl?
My app is written in CobolScript.

>I think you mean IBM mainframes, but you only mention
>Univac.
In order of exposure: IBM, Honeywell, General Electric, IBM.

> Did you migrate your (COBOL?) applications to PC's ? My guess
>is that there's quite a bit of competition for this sort of software.
>Have you ever looked at GnuCash?
No I've never looked at GnuCash. I migrated experience not code.
Lot's of 'for profit' competition; not much of 'for love of the game'.

Thanks for the welcome

tim

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options: