[Tfug] Linux cable modem suggestions.

Brian Masur bcmasur at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 21 16:30:13 MST 2006

Just make sure it's DOCSIS 2.0.  That's all that matters.  Here in Tucson
(and most of America) that's what they use, and you'll generally have a
better experience with cable and DSL as cable is much faster.  Also, use the
ethernet port and avoid using USB.  The only drawback I've heard about Cox
is they block a lot of ports (services) where comcast does not.  If you are
moving far enough north, check to see if you have comcast as a choice, I
would recommend it.  Hope you have a good move.