[Tfug] bind 9 - zone files on a vps

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 5 22:33:39 MST 2006

Hello everyone.

I got a vps w/o a control panel so I can learn.  It has been a long time since I have done anything linux.

I was able to get the FTP working and I suspect httpd is configured for my virtual host.

I'm stuck on bind.  Read the howto numerous times years ago.  Now I am trying to configure it as if I am a hosting company.......

I am running fedora core 5 and bind 9.

Any recommendations on reference material that shows a simple shared hosting configuration?

Thanks for any input or guidance,
Keith