[Tfug] Technical harassment, or "Computer knowledge is more important than anything elseintheworld."

Jon bigj at tfug.org
Tue Feb 28 22:09:43 MST 2006

Christopher Robbins said:

> I don't think that's what Jon meant (correct me if I'm wrong...).
>
> I think he meant that by emailing this person, we'll run the risk of being
> blacklisted by the host if we "harass" this guy by emailing him and asking
> him why he left the list.  Although I understand the wonder and mystique
> of
> the whole thing (forgive me for this one), curiousity did kill the cat.
> Perhaps we should just drop it for now until we get another "OMG PLZ
> UNSUBSCRIBE!!!11eleventy1" message to the list.
>
> -Chris

I honored the person's request to be removed from the list. I don't enjoy
when people find themselves on to the list and for whatever reason can't
find out how to remove themselves. Is the listserv somehow like a rat
maze?

But that is just the way it is. It takes me all of 2 minutes to remove
them and 3 days of wading through the insuing thread of discussion on how
deplorable (sp?) these people who do this are. It's always entertaining so
I endure it :)

In fact I would even enjoy a good old fashion Bowie style flaming to the
person wanting to be removed. Where is he when you need him?

--
Jon