[Tfug] SNOBOL expression

Robert Hunter bobjim.hunter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 20:37:45 MST 2006

OK, I see the distinction you are trying to make.  Although in this
particular example both greedy and non-greedy regex would match the
same strings, there are certainly other cases where they would not.  I
started to make an example or two, but then I realized that all of
them were mistaken :-)  Anyway, from previous experiences I remember
that I was required to use non-greedy regex when I was trying to match
an entire string, perhaps to parse pieces out of it.  I will think
about this some more.

--
Rob