[Tfug] Technical harassment, or "Computer knowledge is more important than anything else intheworld."

t takahashi gambarimasu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 19:57:13 MST 2006

On 2/28/06, Jon <bigj at tfug.org> wrote:
> t takahashi said:
> > wouldn't be hard for one of us to write to op, ask him why he did
> > that, and report back to us.
> >

> Are you referring to the possibility of the list being blacklisted or
> blocked by some other host?

no, to our morbid curiosity about what is going on in his head when he
sends an uppercase, arguably rude message to unsubscribe from a
technical mailing list to the list address.  just figure we could ask
instead of speculating.

although there are genuine mistakes out there, people who make one
deliberate error in rudeness or netiquette will often make another.
too bad gmail doesn't have killfiles.

another solution is to put "to unsubscribe click here:
in the footer.  don't make the guy search for it or confirm.  just do
it.

--
Webmaster: do you believe that people will (a) switch browsers to view
your "best viewed with" page or (b) go to your competitor?