[Tfug] Mind taking a poll?

JD Rogers jdrogers at email.arizona.edu
Tue Feb 28 11:57:37 MST 2006

Funny story..

[snip]
> Quite often I find, searching Google for some details on an esoteric piece of
> hardware or software, references to the TFUG archives and specific
> conversations that reveal conversations already hashed. On a number of
> occasions I have been personally emailed with follow-up questions on many
> month/year old TFUG topics, by people who found the content they were looking
> for. Some examples of this include: upgrading Qwest 67x DSL modem firmware
> from Linux, large USB flash drive storage/driver problems, distribution
> installation problems, Apache configuration, and the recent ActionTec IPv6
> DNS borking, amoung many others.

I once was googling for an answer to a question I had (I don't
remember what anymore) and found a solution posted on a mailing list..
as I was reading, I realized it was the TFUG list.. I got to the end
of the post and almost fell off my chair. The post was my own from a
year or so earlier. Its amazing what you can forget.
JDR