[Tfug] ssh doesn't start

Bowie J. Poag bpoag at comcast.net
Sun Feb 26 23:45:58 MST 2006

Is this a new machine, or new install of openssh?

I've seen this on occasion where I work..The daemon will launch, and
more or less immediately exit if you don't have host keys generated for
it to work with. Basically, you've launched it, and it says "uhh... hmm,
no keys. Okay, nothing I can really do here. Seeya.", and exits cleanly
without throwing any errors.

What do the logs say?