[Tfug] Battery replacement

Christopher Robbins robbinsc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 20:29:15 MST 2006

Wait - how does that brick the whole system?  Even if you lose the CMOS
configuration, you'll be restored to the factory default configuration.  You
won't lose the entire system.

I've pulled/replaced the CMOS battery quite a few times, and I've never lost
the system.  You'll be able to shut down and replace the battery.  At worst,
you have to reconfigure everything the way you had it before.....

-Chris