[Tfug] More Questions on KDE

Adrian choprboy at dakotacom.net
Sat Feb 18 20:35:18 MST 2006

Earl wrote:
> I have DSL and the Actiontec router. Kopete and Konqueror were working fine.
> I guess they can sneak through the ipv6. I removed that and now firefox
> works OK.

Actually, it is that Kopete and Konqueror don;t do ipv6 at all. Firefox is one
of several applications (kMail is another I believe) that will attempt to do
the new ipv6 protocol, in addition to the standard ipv4, when making
connections. Unfortunately, that borks the ActionTec router...

ken wrote:
> has anyone tried just unloading the ipv6 module with rmmod see if that
> works?

Yes, that is another option, though you will have to disable the module.
Unloading it won;t work as the kernel will just load it again... i.e. it is
dynamically requested as needed... But without it, there is no IPv6 network
stack and hence IPv6 communication attempts won;t be made. There is also a
sys control option to disable IPv6 in the kernel.

Adrian