[Tfug] PT Job Opening

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Feb 7 17:04:29 MST 2006

Right now the company I work for, MontaVista Software
(http://www.mvista.com/) is looking for someone who knows PHP and Perl
for lots of different web monkey'ing, and possibly other tasks depending
on abilities.

If interested poke me off-list with your resume and I'll send it along.

The position is work-from-home, but if any of the TFUG alumni in the
Sunnyvale / Santa Clara area are interested, in-office would be fine too.

The priorites aren't set in stone (the bugzilla work might be more
important today):

---

The best scenario would be if the person knows both Perl and PHP.
As I always do, I try to make that position a full time position when
I can, but it probably won't be for awhile.

What I listed as needs are:

Job Duties Summary:

Initial job responsibilities would be to gather requirements and then
develop a re-write of our product catalog system which tracks
essential data relative to the MontaVista LSPs we support.
Additionally, would perform an update of our Bugzilla implementation
to a ?stable? version of Bugzilla and implement some enhancement
requests pending.

Second priority, this person could work on other internal tools to
develop and maintain the tools that are needed for MV Engineering to
be productive and efficient.

Other tasks may be needed as available.

Minimum Education/Experience Required:
-       Programming experience and Perl and MySQL experience
-       Ability to communicate and work well with the MV
		Engineering  team

Specialized Skills Required / Desired:
-	Good comprehension of new applications at a source level
-	Other common programing languages (C, POSIX SH, Java, Python)

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/