[Tfug] Debian install from a local fileserver

Richard Rohrdanz rrohrdanz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 11:15:43 MST 2006

I need to be able to install Debian on several computers. My
connection is not fast enough to do installs via the Internet. I would
prefer to use a local fileserver (NFS?) so that I don't have to
shuffle CDs.

I booted from CD #1 and got to the screen where it asks where 'apt'
should get the packages from. I selected 'fileserver'. The next screen
asked for the mirror and had the text '/debian' pre-positioned as a
response. On my LAN I have a Fedora installation running NFS. The
Debian ISO images are located on that machine in  /install/DebianISOs.
What should I use for the mirror name?

--
Richard C. Rohrdanz
7225 W. El Camino del Cerro