[Tfug] Inexpensive 1U Server Suggestions

John Morrow morrowje at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 10:52:22 MST 2006

Hey All,

I'm working on a personal web project that requires a 1U rack mount server.
I've got a budget of about $750. I want to run Debian (unstable) with the
usual open source Internet suspects (Apache, Postfix, Squirrelmail, etc...).
I don't envision a whole lot of use as it's for a family web project. I've
been looking to build it myself but would buy an off-the-shelf solution if
it met my needs. Can anyone recommend a case/motherboard/cpu combo that work
together well? I only need room for 2 3.5inch hard drives - no cdrom.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

John Morrow

Help, I am stranded in a sea of corn!