[Tfug] Asterisk PBX

Harry McGregor micros at osef.org
Wed Dec 27 11:22:14 MST 2006

Hi Everyone,

A few additional notes.

CIS 225 or reasonable working knowledge of Linux would be a prerequisite.

I would be teaching more of the Linux install and TCP/IP areas

George would be teaching more of the Asterisk and Telephony areas.

Suggestions of meeting times would also be nice (please send them via
email to George as well).

Hardware could be an issue (both quality and availability), but we
should be able to leverage IP technologies to escape most of the
availability problem (soft phones, SIP and IAX PSTN access accounts).
Quality, well if you have taken any of my classes, you know what you are
in for (failing hard drives mostly).

We may even be able to convince Nick Lopez to give a guest lecture or
two on a few areas.

                                  Harry