[Tfug] Naming scheme

Joe Blais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Tue Dec 26 18:27:48 MST 2006

> OT:  Can anyone suggest why temperatures level off
> from about midnight to just before dawn.  Then,
> *plummet* just as the Sun is rising?  I could
> understand temperatures steadily falling until just
> before dawn and being at their lowest at that time
> (since the ground has had the longest time to
> radiate it's stored heat to the blackness of space).
> But, that would imply a *steady* decrease in temps
> which is not what I observe.  (I wonder if my
> location bears any influence on this...?)

not being shy about knowing something incorrectly.....

perhaps the wind starts moving towards the sun, breaking a local inversion
from an otherwise quiet night?

I know the sun is heating land and air east of us as it appears to rise.
The mornig air then starts to heat and rise.
Then our air that has been a blanket to us during the night, may be getting
sucked away from us along the surface.
Probably setting up a cyclic flow, sucking colder air from above us, down
onto us.
I've seen time lapse video of Tucson, and you can see the direction of flags
change throughout the day.
--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.