[Tfug] Flash-like tool

Chris Hill ubergeek at ubergeek.tv
Wed Dec 13 18:24:15 MST 2006

Hmmm.... a presentation? In flash? Made on Linux? Can't think of
anything on linux that would fit the bill exactly, but part of the fun
of Linux is using a bit of ingenuity to make something from the
available tools.

Idea 1: OpenOffice Impress can export to swf.

Idea 2: Wink is an interesting cool program:
http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

Idea 3: Flex builder is the latest greatest Flash application builder.
This uses mxml markup along with actionscript to develop applications of
any sort. You don't have to be an ActionScript guru to write flex, but
you need to know XML/HTML, and how to run a compiler on the command line
to make your swfs.

http://www.jamesward.org/wordpress/2006/10/19/flash-flex-free-for-all-even-linux/

Hope this helps,
Chris