[Tfug] Vista

Christopher Robbins robbinsc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 11:45:50 MST 2006

On 12/1/06, Robert Hunter <hunter at tfug.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately, some of us don't have the luxury of completely ignoring
> m$ft. Anyhow, I'll try to wait until one or two Service Packs come out
> before I bother with it.

True...

I've fooled with Vista here in the office.  Looks/feels like...OS X.  Most
of the ideas (authentication before system changes, widgets/desktop bar, et
al) aren't very new at all. Aside from an update to IE and Windows Defender,
there's really not a whole lot to see.  I'm curious to see how the new
Genuine Advantage (TM) works out.

I don't know that our little corner of the world has any protection from MS
anymore...Especially not with the Novell deal.  It will be interesting to
see how that all hashes out.

-Chris

--
Chris Robbins