[Tfug] [stein.les at gmail.com: TCS General Meeting]

Robert Hunter hunter at tfug.org
Thu Aug 24 16:44:36 MST 2006

> Anyone want to do this?

Toward what sort of audience is the presentation aimed?  I don't know much
about TCS...

If Microsoft is doing a presentation of Vista in six months to the same
group, what expectations would there be of the Linux presentation?  It
might be difficult to not get upstaged by the imminent glitz and swag
production that is likely to occur in February.

I think if someone really wanted to make an impression, they would present
some examples of the growing number of consumer, commercial and research
and home-grown systems that are running Linux.  Perhaps one could do a survey
of the number of such systems at the University of Arizona alone.  For example,
Linux-based HPC clusters have popped up in several places on campus.

As Linux advocates, we certainly don't want to get caught in a
Who-Has-The-Cooler-Desktop-Operating-System-With-Animated-Paper-Clips competition.

--
Rob