[Tfug] autoconf replacement?

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Thu Aug 24 12:53:44 MST 2006

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 11:41:51PM -0700, Brian Masur wrote:
>Scrap OSX, MacOS, and if you really must keep trying apple hardware, run
>Gentoo, they seem to be insane about apple hardware for some (as you said)
>obtuse reason.  I wish they were more onto x86 hardware, because that's
>where it's at.

Unfortunately, that's not my call to make.  I don't even own any Apple
hardware (not even an iPod!).  My work is done almost entirely in Debian on my
home machine and my server at work.

My boss, however, does nearly all of his computing on OSX and he's quite
gung-ho about it.  An email I received today from him makes that even more
clear.

Hence my original query about cross platform configuration/compilation tools
that will work well with UNIX and OSX (with UNIX tools).

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, UMass Amherst student
                        Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.