[Tfug] cell phones, bluetooth and airplanes (another question)

Jeremy D Rogers jdrogers at optics.arizona.edu
Mon Aug 14 20:33:45 MST 2006

Speaking of BT and cell phones, I was just looking at a new phone that
plays mp3's and has a 'phone-off mode' where it just works as a music
player (and probably games). The thing that seams dumb to me is that
it has no headphone jack. So the only way to use it with headphones is
over bluetooth.

So is bluetooth allowed on flights? Some quick googling did not return
anything useful. Of course, given the trends on aircraft, we'll soon
have to board with nothing but a government issued diaper, so this
phone is probably a bad investment.
JDR