[Tfug] gnu ld

Brian Murphy murphy+tfug at email.arizona.edu
Fri Aug 11 15:25:15 MST 2006

Quoting Jim Secan <jim at nwra.com>:
> Probably is, but I don't want to muck about in the blind.  I suspect that
> since things link just fine when everything's compiled as one file that
> it's a hand-off problem between the Lahey compiler and gnu ld that is tied
> to how the compiler deals with blockdata routines.  Sounds like a bug to me.

I think that it's the compiler.  The job of the compiler is to convert
the source to object code.  The object code contains the symbols.  The
linker is warning you about differences in the symbol between the 2
object files.  Paul is right that you might be able to muck with
compiler options to get the same alignment.  But maybe not and maybe if
you check with Lahey they'll have a patch that fixes the problem.

Brian

The opinions or statements expressed herein are my own and should not be
taken as a position, opinion, or endorsement of the University of
Arizona.