[Tfug] Asterisk

Steven Bowers steveb7 at bblabs.net
Mon Aug 14 21:54:24 MST 2006

I have been tinkering with Asterisk a bit lately and have started to
develop an interest in deploying a dedicated box for the task. To that
end I have looked at Via EPIA boards with a harddrive or a Soekris and
CF running AstLinux. I like the later since it has no moving parts and
consumes a mere 5 watts! However, its lone PCI slot is a 3.3 volt which
would not accept a Digium X100p card.

Has anyone run across s low voltage, embedded board that could run Asterisk?

My goal would be something that fits in a 1U case, is reasonably quiet
(since it may sit in the same room as me) and does not cost $1000 when
fully assembled.

Steve