[Tfug] Fvwm2 rc mouse configuration

Adrian choprboy at dakotacom.net
Wed Apr 26 12:50:54 MST 2006

On Wednesday 26 April 2006 09:24, JD Rogers wrote:
> >  either modify a pc mouse to disable the switches in the button OR rewire
a mac mouse (single button) to ps2. This should work fine as you'd probably
set things up physically so that the mouse couldn't be changed.

> Along those lines, you could see what would happen if you choose a
> different style of mouse in the xconfig. Instead of a 5 button mouse,
> you could choose some older ps2 mouse or something. Its ironic that
> you have problems disabling mouse buttons, because back in the day, I
> remember fighting to enable them. Kludge forth and conquer!

Hehe.. yeah, the joys of trying to get the the middle button and scroll wheel
enable on a serial mouse in yester-year. Unfortunately... I want to keep the
scroll of the mouse as its handy, I just wanted to disable buttons 2 and 3.
After some more searching with fvwm, it seems that you can not actually block
clicks from application windows... You can grab the click and perform an
action based on its context, but the click is forwarded on to the application
(if in that context) as well.

Adrian