[Tfug] For sale: HP dv1000 laptop

Matt Jacob matt.jacob at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 00:30:47 MST 2006

As any true geek will tell you, we all own too much hardware (or never
enough hardware, depending on how you look at it). At any rate, my
hardware spring cleaning continues as I consolidate, and now I've got
an extra laptop on my hands. I wanted to give locals the first shot at
it before I resort to eBay, so here are the specs:

* HP dv1000 notebook, customized-to-order
* Pentium M 760 (2.0 GHz)
* 1 GB DDR RAM
* 80 GB 5400 RPM hard drive
* 14.0" BrightView widescreen display
* LightScribe 8x DVD+/-RW & CD-RW combo w/double layer
* Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900
* Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG w/Bluetooth
* Windows XP Professional SP2
* 6-cell lithium ion battery
* Extra 6-cell lithium ion battery
* Custom sleeve case by WaterField Designs (SFBags.com)
* 3 x USB 2.0, FireWire, 6-in-1 media card reader
* Weighs 5.3 lbs
* Less than 6 months old; half of the 1-year warranty remains

This machine has been good to me, but I can't justify owning so much
"stuff." I originally paid $1600+ for everything above, and now I'm
asking only $1300. Includes the original box and all original
materials, CDs, etc. Check out my craigslist page
<http://tucson.craigslist.org/sys/151657866.html> for pictures.

Matt