[Tfug] Web site update.

Jon bigj at tfug.org
Sat Apr 15 22:20:12 MST 2006

Mark Smith said:
> IS there any way anyone can get us off this list-serve or whatever this
> is!
>
> Mark and Karen Smith

Here's explanation on what happened with this address. In the process of
moving the site and list to another host it was discovered, by a watchful
tfug'er, that the list didn't have the proper reverse DNS. This caused
e-mail to start bouncing for many subscribers.

Mailman takes these bounces and stops delivery to these addresses and
states next to the account that it stopped due to bouncing. Once the
reverse was fixed I went through the entire list that had a bounced
subscriber and readded them. The problem with this is there were quite a
few old addresses that got this way because they are no longer valid for
whatever reason.

It appears this is one of those addresses. DOH. I knew this would happen
but preferred to have legit addresses back on the list at this expense.

I will e-mail this person and apologize for the error. It appears they
have already been removed so I don't need to help them which is good.

--
Jon