[Tfug] Groups problem

Chris Hill ubergeek at ubergeek.tv
Sun Apr 9 20:37:11 MST 2006

Ok, I'm not great with groups, but I've got some bizarre problem.
Basically if I run the groups command as root, I can see that my groups
have updated. But from the user's perspective, the groups have not been
updated, and therefore I can't do anything useful with the new groups.

chris at bender:~ ^_^ > groups
chris adm dialout cdrom floppy audio dip video plugdev staff lpadmin
scanner admin media

root at bender:/home/enemyhideout.com# groups chris
chris : chris adm dialout cdrom floppy audio dip video plugdev staff
lpadmin scanner admin enemyhideout.com enemyhideout

You'll notice that I've removed the 'media' group and added
'enemyhideout.com' and 'enemyhideout' to the list. Root knows this, but
chris does not. This is ubuntu breezy. Any ideas?

Thanks!