[Tfug] DSL modem of choice?

Earl J Violet earljviolet at juno.com
Wed Apr 5 15:53:48 MST 2006

I have a Qwest DSL Actiontec modem and it works well. It has 1 ethernet
port and 1 USB port and wireless. The best I can do for bandwidth is
256k. The service is good and the techs have been helpful although
sometimes I went through a couple of techs before finding help. For some
reason it drops off line every once in a while and needs to be reset with
the account information reentered and the wireless reactivated.

I guess it requires a Windows machine to reset it. The Linux problems I
have are some distros want it to be ipv6 (*buntu); others give a choice
during setup (Mandrake). All installs of recent Linux distros recognize
the system easily.

Earl

We have traded the wisdom of the ancestors for the superstition of
science.
Nirvana is this world itself, when experienced without desire and fear.