[Tfug] Running mplayer with cron or at

Caleb Mucklow cmucklow at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 13:03:03 MST 2006

This is my first posting on TFUG, so hello everyone. I'm currently working
on making a "movie channel" for my work. I need to be able to launch movies
at a specific time. however when I setup a cron job or an at job to execute
mplayer with a movie it runs as a daemon and i can only hear the sound and
not see the video. Is there a way I can tell mplayer to execute in a
specific tty console session, preferably my X-windows session. Any
recommendations to my current setup are also welcomed.

I'm running Debian Stable. If you have any more questions about my current
setup please feel free to ask. Thanks, Caleb