[Tfug] correct Kernel for an older AMD system

Christopher Robbins robbinsc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 08:08:49 MST 2006

Why do people then make it a point to mention that the 2.6.x kernel is
somehow "less stable" than the 2.4?  I've heard that from a few people (and
of course, the links escape me) but every now and again I get some comment
about how the 2.6 is overloaded with features, etc and if I need rock-solid
stability, I should go with 2.4.....

I'm running a 2.6.10 on my MythBox and before the last restart (games, of
course :) ) I had something like a 100 day uptime

-Chris