[Tfug] AIX free software repositories?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Sat Apr 1 19:14:46 MST 2006

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006, Bowie J. Poag wrote:

> I work in a predominantly AIX shop, which means getting new versions of
> stuff can be painful. There's Bull, but half the time their stuff is
> poorly packaged, or the version of what you need just isnt there at all.
> In a pinch, I can usually compile what I need from scratch, but nothing
> beats a pre-fab binary.
>
> Does anyone know of any off-the-beaten-path repositories for AIX
> binaries that I don't know about?

pkgsrc

http://www.pkgsrc.org/

But I don't see any binaries ready-to-use.

Ask pkgsrc-users at NetBSD.org for ready-to-use packages for AIX.

Or you can use pkgsrc to build them for AIX.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8 at I;C5?@H5B0D at 5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'