[Tfug] x axis to z axis under x.org

Michael Salivar ethyriel at nerdshack.com
Fri Jul 29 22:52:59 MST 2005

I'm going to order a Mighty Mouse keyboard from Unicomp this paycheck, but I'm torn between the versions with and without the stick.
http://www.enrol.us/unicomp_mighty_mouse_keyboard_review.htm
http://store.yahoo.com/pckeyboards/keyboards.html

I don't want to use the stick as a mouse. I've been using the Ion2 window manager, which is keyboard driven, and so I'd really like to use Firefox in caret mode. Unfortunately it can't scroll a line at time in this mode, so I don't use it this way. However, I imagine if I could find a way to map the Y axis of the keyboard's stick to the Z axis, so that it functions as a scroll wheel, I could use caret mode. Of course it would come in handy in a ton of other situations, too.

So, does anyone know if this is possible? I've done a little digging, but haven't found anything yet.

Thanks
Michael Salivar