[Tfug] Remote shell app

steveb7 at bblabs.net steveb7 at bblabs.net
Fri Jul 29 08:17:47 MST 2005

The problem is not if if crashes, its more for situations where the machine is unreachable across the Internet but the reason is unknown. It could be the ISP is having problems, there is a backbone issue or my own machine is having problems answering connection requests or not responding to same. The machine might be on the other side of the city of even out of state. I would like to be able to dial into it, get a shell, and check things out. In my case the *NIX of choice is OpenBSD. Buying an analog modem - $12, trying to figure out what app to install to answer that call and give me a shell - priceless.